Friday, April 20, 2012

Seeking Shelter Model

Top view of scale model by David Okada


This week I have been exploring designing the Seeking Shelter conceptual bus shelter model with my father, David Okada, who is an engineer and toy designer. He created this mini model based upon our sketches. In the above image, I digitally added a few of the student pattern designs to the structure. I am looking to cut many vinyl shapes of student designs for visitors of the installation to add to the structure. I will be exploring seating as well. The roof may be colorful mesh and window screen netting. The pillars will be cardboard concrete pour tubes. Walls will be translucent polygal. This is the basic design, but the form will end up being a bit more playful and will allude to the slot cards and the prototyping design process.

No comments:

Post a Comment