Monday, October 13, 2008

Refining Elements

Today I am adding the final touches to two of the four tapestries I have completed. Cole and Emily have been my little assistants in prepping some of the materials. Here they are cutting the produce netting to add to the tips of the blue wire flower stamens.







































I like the way the flowers look with the red produce netting at the ends. It reminds me of exploding papa hu ... old pidgen term for fireworks in Hawaii.




















Below are the fortune cookie fortunes for one of the tapestries.















Below are the recreations of Japanese Internment Id tags. Names are of family friends in Hawaii who were sent to internment as well as the family names of the Japanese American manufactures of the original fortune cookies in San Francisco.

No comments:

Post a Comment