Sunday, January 22, 2012

Ideas for installation of Slot Shleters/Seeking Shelter

paper model of slot shelter units assembled into a structure with a roof using new card designs.
I am exploring the creation of two new pieces that will be repeating units in a Slot Shelters installation. The above model is a early prototype of what these two units might look like. I would scale up the large piece to be twice the size of the square connector piece. The tab connection here works great so I won't be modifying that much. I will also make a test unit that looks more like the top quilt-like pinwheel pattern unit. These designs were inspired by designs I saw posted by students at this site: http://www.whatsonxiamen.com/news19027.html

I hope to create the final designs as a CAD file at the TechShop and then have these two units laser cut from cardboard. 
A pyramid-like building is under construction in the square of Fujian University of Technology, Fuzhou, East China's Fujian province on May 10,2011.[Photo/CFP]

No comments:

Post a Comment