Thursday, October 8, 2009

Pattern Tiling
























About ten years ago when I was still a digital graphic designer I dabbled a little in digital image tiling. Now I am excited to explore it through digitally printed textiles. Here is my first experiment as I refresh my memory on tiling. There are very good instruction on tiling with Photoshop at this site:http://www.myjanee.com/tuts/tilings/tilings.htm
























Above: Original image.
Below: Tile of image using a filter (other: offset) in Photoshop. Inner seams of image are adjusted with the clone tool.





















Below: The tiled applied to a larger area.























Below: The larger area of the tiled image is then overlayed with other graphic images (coins).
























This then becomes one large tile. This image below is of the tile with the offset filter applied so that it will tile seamlessly. Yep, this does look Halloween in flavor!

























No comments:

Post a Comment