Saturday, February 4, 2012

Thoughts of Spring

Last Wednesday I visited the John Muir Medical Center in Walnut Creek to see the installation of my mixed media sculpture, Thoughts of Spring. I enjoyed working with Roundtree Visuals to create this installation. Below are some images of the work installed in the 3rd floor lobby entrance to the pediatric wing. The installation is 38" x42" x 1.5". I used mostly chopstick sleeve wrappers, origami paper, and Chinese preserved fruit wrappers. A few Chinese tea wrappers and Japanese seaweed snack wrappers are included as well. Some fragments carry special meaning to me as they were from engagements with friends and family. This hospital is really beautifully designed and I was lucky to have a bit of a tour of the new wing. The interior bamboo garden was really lovely. As I was photographing the sculpture, a new mom and baby were rolled by with extended family in a celebratory mood. It was such a great feeling to know that this piece is in such a special setting.







No comments:

Post a Comment