Saturday, August 16, 2008

Hats On Post Sutter Stockton Garage Display

Yesterday I set up a window display in The Sutter Stockton Garage in San Francisco. This is my first display in a parking garage!This window display is for Hats on Post, a hat boutique with a long history in San Francisco dating back to the days when all the big department stores had their own milinary departments and women did not step out their doors without a hat on. I was very excited to have this opportunity as this garage sees a lot of foot traffic. During the hour I was there I met many interesting people, many of whom liked and had questions about my Asian food wrapper hats. I was also grateful to Peggy Purcell of Hats on Post for allowing me to post some info and sketches about my up coming residency at the de Young Museum. I will be making duplicates of some of my artist residency hats and selling them through Hats on Post.

We added two hats to the display by another designer whose work I really like and fits in well with mine. Here name is Jasmin Zorlu. I loved her little blue nest hat with a little bird in it. So lovely!
Her website is: http://www.jasminzorlu.com/























Above is the window display in the garage.


















Above is as sketch of the installation. Peggy sent me the dimensions and I planned out the hats and props before I went up to San Francisco.

No comments:

Post a Comment