Monday, July 7, 2008

Produce netting and completing Neuron elements

Today I completed most of the final neuron elements (I have three large yellow ones to create tonight). Here is Emily standing in front of the piece. The large blue neurons are still not attached. When the piece is installed it will hang from a bamboo pole and be in a large plexiglass box. I will also have to include assembly instructions as the piece splits in half and some of the big blue neurons will be attached after assembly.




















Below are images of the blue produce netting stitched on to add body and texture to the sleeve areas. I can't remember what the netting came from. I think it was a big durian bag. I had cut it up into small pieces for a workshop I did at the Asian Art Museum in San Francisco. I liked working with the smaller pieces for this sculpture as they created faint geometric shapes.




















No comments:

Post a Comment