Saturday, October 15, 2011

Concept Sketches for Hospital Art Installation



I have been working on sculpture proposal sketches today for a design firm that works with hospitals. These sketches are design ideas for an installation that is 30" x 42" x 1" which would be made of wire, Asian food wrappers, plastic sushi grass, silks and produce netting. The fuzzy colored areas in the digital sketches represent produce netting. If one of these are approved, I have a month to complete the piece before installation into the hospital.
pencil sketch
digital sketch
pencil sketch
digital sketch
Flowers and leaves I created for the Neonatal Department of Boston Children's Hospital a few years ago (an upholstery swatch was provided to me to match the work to. Swatch can be seen in the photo. I wish I had an installation shot, but only have this after gazing photo in my studio).

No comments:

Post a Comment