Sunday, October 16, 2011

Innovation Textile Design Lab


 
 The San Jose Museum of Quilts & Textiles will be creating an innovation textile design lab in a space that is 18ft x 30ft. The space will be a multipurpose space with education programming for children and adults as well as an artist residency program.  I am working with the museum to help identify possible equipment assets and digital tools programming possibilities to incorporate. One thing I would like to see is a ceiling mounted wii remote interactive surface set up so that we can use one whole wall as an interactive projection surface. Here is a super quick video I created of such a set up. (note: I say "wii" in the video, but should be saying "wii remote")


 
I have experimented with projections on garments and fabrics in my design process for the Fusionwear SV project research blog and just discovered another textile/pattern artist, Johanna Basford, who has taught a workshop using this process as well. I really like the outline of her lesson plan.

Some great space design ideas from the Stanford dSchool:
light cube

tag for marking project materials and space




No comments:

Post a Comment